Umana SpA – divisione ALTI PROFILI
Aut. Min. Lav. Prot. n. 1181- SG del 13-12-2004
Direzione Generale e Sede Legale
via Colombara, 113 – 30176
Marghera – VENEZIA
For our client, a manufacturing company operating in the engineering field, we are looking for an
Assembly Department Manager
He/ she will report to the Operation Director
- coordinate and supervise all activities related to the mechanical and electrical assembly, working closely with team members;
- coordinate, , the activities of testing (F.A.T.) and disassembly in order to ensure the management of problems that arise during these processes, and ensure that the plants are operating according to the contractual specifications established with the customer and the testing specifications established by the technical department and quality assurance, in the time provided with the planning orders;
- coordinate, through his collaborators, the activities carried out within the assembly area, in accordance with the company procedures of the Quality System and of the safety management system.
Duties and Responsibilities :
· ensure, in line with the assembly program, the execution of short and medium-term production plans, supporting the Operations Department in the analysis of long-term alternatives and contributing to the consequent decisions regarding the size of the structure and/or outsourcing;
· supervises the assembly and testing program in order to avoid delivery delays;
supervise the organization of assembly plants so as to optimize time and associated operating costs in order to optimize time and operating cost according to the procedures;
· comply with the procedures provided by the safety office on the subject of health and safety at work;
· define, according to the Director of Operations, any work to be delegated externally and, consequently, the appropriate scheduling of the same in order to obtain, always and in any case, the same objectives (quantitative and qualitative standards, compliance with deadlines, cost containment, etc.) as for internal departments;
· coordinate, through direct collaborators, the distribution of documentation to internal departments, installation and assistance received and/or made available via the information system from the technical, sales and after-sales departments;
· coordinate and controls the activities of departments in order to carry out assembly and testing of orders according to established schedules, at the costs set by the Operations Director and in compliance with the standards defined in the procedures and operating instructions of the quality system;
· monitor the progress of production schedules working closely with the production departments and reports, through his collaborators, any delays and their reasons;
· supervise, through his collaborators, the progress of machine assembly activities in order to testing, optimizing costs and times;
· update the Operations Department on the status of orders and delivery;
· collaborate in the qualification of suppliers, and suggests possible alternative suppliers;
· in collaboration with the Operations Department, studies and proposes projects, schemes and systems in order to optimize time and cost;
· ensure, through his subordinates, that the data required by company procedures are collected during assembly, such as times, performance control values.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and previous experience of managing a team are required.
This offer is addressed to candidates of both sexes in accordance with Law 125/91, art.4, paragraph 3.